Glass Recycling Subcription
WFWRD currently offers two forms of glass recycling in the Wasatch Front area, drop-off collection and curbside collection. Unfortunately, curbside collection isn't available for all residents but drop-off collection sites are available 24/7. For questions regarding glass recycling, please contact us.
Glass Recycling Drop-Off
Wasatch Front Waste and Recycling District has seven drop-off glass sites for residents who do not wish to/can not subscribe to curbside services.
Keep in mind these sites are heavily used, especially on the weekends. The drop-off sites are intended for use by residents only. Please do not leave items on the ground.
Curbside Glass Recycling Collection
Glass collection is available to residents in Emigration Canyon, Canyon Rim, Millcreek, East Mill Creek, Mount Olympus, Murray annex, Holladay, Cottonwood Heights, and Taylorsville areas; the service will extend to other areas and be available to all district residents in the next three years.
Submit an online request for a curbside glass bin or print out, fill in and return this pdf: Glass Recycling Sign-Up Form. We can take the signed document by email (email@example.com), fax (385-468-6330), or by person or mail (604 W 6960 S, Midvale, UT 84047) with your name, address, phone number, and email legibly printed.
If you live outside the current curbside collection areas and are interested in signing up when the service is available in your area, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it Works
- Service is optional
- Once a month, pick up
- The glass is collected in a grey 35-gallon can.
- WFWRD supplies the can, and Momentum Recycling collects it
- All colors of glass bottles and jars are accepted - no color separation is required
- Once a month collection of reminders is sent to your email, text, or phone
- $25.50 Quarterly fee + an additional one-time $55 startup fee
Curbside Collection Days
Check HERE to see when Momentum Recycling will come to collect your curbside glass recycling.
- Place your can at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on your assigned collection day.
- Place the can at least 3 feet away from vehicles and other objects to prevent property damage.
- Do not overfill the can; the lid must close. Overfilled cans may cause spillage in the roadway.
- Do not place items on the side of the can; they will not be collected.
General Rules for Glass Recycling (Drop-Off & Curbside)
- Glass bottles and jars ONLY! Broken bottles and jars are okay
- Empty bottle or jar and remove lids/corks (no rinsing necessary)
- Do not place items on the side of any glass recycling can to be picked up
- Do NOT place the following items in any glass recycling can for pickup
- Ceramics (i.e., plates and dishes)
- Light bulbs
- Bags, boxes, 6-pack cartons