Each residence receives one blue recycle can and a black garbage can. It is included in your monthly service fee. A second recycle can is available for $9 a quarter with a $10 delivery or pickup charge. To request a second recycle can please call (385) 468-6325. Your recycle container is collected every week on your regular refuse collection day.
Glass drop off sites
Glass is currently collected curbside in communities east of I-15. If you would like to find out more information or sign up, please see our Glass Recycling page. If you do not live in these areas, there are multiple glass drop off sites throughout the remainder of the District.
- Scott Ave. Park (3475 South 800 East)
- Taylorsville Park (1628 West 4800 South)
- Upper District Park (approx. 3650 South Wasatch Blvd)
- Holladay City (4580 South 2300 East)
- Herriman Fire Station (5928 W 13100 S)
- Magna Recreation Center (3270 S 8400 W)
- Harmon’s Grocery at the Brickyard (3270 S 1300 E)
On May 17, 2016, Fox13 broadcast a news story about the local recycling industry. It provides great information on how recycling materials are processed, and includes important tips on how customers can make a positive difference. It can be view Here
E-waste and Hazardous Waste
- These are items that are not picked up curbside, but they are recyclable
- The Salt Lake County Health Department holds E-waste and household hazardous waste collection events.
- To dispose of household hazardous waste, please consider collection events or visit the permanent collection facilities:
- Salt Lake Valley Solid Waste Facility 6030 West California Avenue (1400 S) (385) 468-3862 – (SL Valley Health Dept: Household Hazardous Waste Disposal) Monday – Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Trans-Jordan Landfill 10473 South Bacchus Hwy (U-111) (801) 971-1976 Monday – Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Murray ABOP Center This location accepts ONLY antifreeze, batteries, oil and paint 4646 South 500 West (801) 270-2440 Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Sandy ABOP Center This location accepts ONLY electronic waste, antifreeze, batteries, oil and paint 8775 South 700 West (801) 568-2999 Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Green waste cannot go into the blue recycling bin. We do however offer curbside green waste pickup with our Green Waste bins. Please see our Green Waste page for more information.
- Place your can at the curb or nearest collection point by 7:00 am. Cans must be brought in within 24 hours.
- Use the 4 ft rule: place your cans at least 4 feet from other cans, trees, fences, cars, and any other object.
- Please don’t overload your can. Items should not stick out above the top more than a couple of inches.
- Remove lids from plastic bottles before putting both in the recycle can.
- To repair/replace a broken can, call us at (385) 468-6325 or email us at email@example.com
- More Recycling Resources
- Salt Lake County’s Recycling Site
- Did you know that excess water is considered a contaminant in the recycling stream? Please clean the snow from your recycling can lid before collection, and keep the lid closed when raining or snowing. The recycling facilities will not accept recycling materials that are drenched in snow and rain because it clogs their sorting equipment. Keeping recycling materials clean helps us to keep costs down. Thank you for your efforts.