Each District residence has the opportunity to obtain a green waste can. The green waste collection program is a subscription program. Collections are provided weekly between mid-March and mid-December.
***This program starts every year the 3rd Monday in March and ends the 2nd Friday in December.***
- A green waste can is less expensive than an additional garbage can. (Annual fees for Green Waste can = $114 vs. Annual fees for additional waste can = $204.)
- Green waste is less expensive to process, keeping costs low.
- Reduce the amount of waste sent to the landfill as garbage.
- Green waste is processed into usable organic compost.
- Reduce greenhouse emissions caused by decomposing organic landfill waste.
- For more information about what we can take in the Green Waste can, please read our master guideline.
- Extensive Green Guidelines.
- Submit an online request for a Green Waste can
- Print out, fill in and return this pdf: Green Waste Cart Sign-up. We can take the signed document by email (email@example.com), fax (385-468-6330), or by person or mail (604 W 6960 S, Midvale 84047) with your name, address, phone, and email legibly printed.