Each District residence has the opportunity to obtain a green waste can. The green waste collection program is a subscription program. Collections are provided weekly between mid-March and mid-December.
- A green waste can is less expensive than an additional garbage can.
- Green waste is less expensive to process, keeping costs low.
- Reduce the amount of waste sent to the landfill as garbage.
- Green waste is processed into usable organic compost.
- Reduce greenhouse emissions caused by decomposing organic landfill waste.
- For more information about what we can take in the Green Waste can, please read our master guideline.
- Extensive Green guideline.
- Submit an online request for a Green Waste can
- Print out, fill in and return this pdf: Green Waste Cart Sign-up. We can take the signed document by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (385-468-6330), or by person or mail (604 W 6960 S, Midvale 84047) with your name, address, phone and email legibly printed.
We will begin service the third Monday in March, and end on the second Friday of December. (For 2017: March 20th through December 8th. For 2018: March 19th through December 14th.)
If you have any questions or concerns, please call our Sustainability Coordinator Jeffrey Sean Summerhays at (385) 468-6337. We will send you more information and keep in touch throughout the year with important dates and reminders.