Garbage Collection

Do We Handle Your Garbage Pickup?

Landfill Vouchers

  • Wasatch Front Waste & Recycling District provides fee waiver vouchers for residents, within our service area, who have the ability to haul their own truck or trailer loads to the landfill. Residents in incorporated cities can obtain a voucher at your City Hall. Residents in unincorporated county areas can obtain a voucher from your respective Community Council Representative. Voucher users must still follow all landfill regulations and are only good for loads 4 ft. x 8 ft. (approximately the size of a pickup truck or pickup truck sized trailer).

Where to pick up Landfill Vouchers:

*Cottonwood Heights: Cottonwood Heights City Hall (2277 Bengal Blvd.)

*Emigration Canyon: Contact your Community Council Representative.

*Granite: Contact your Community Council Representative.

*Herriman: Herriman City Hall (5355 W. Herriman Main St.)

*Holladay: Holladay City Hall (4580 S. 2300 E.)

*Kearns: Kearns Improvement District (5350 W. 5400 S.) or Kearns Recreation Center (5670 Cougar Ln.)

*Magna: Magna Library (2675 S. 8950 W.) or Webster Community Center (8952 W. Magna Main St.)

*Millcreek: Millcreek City Offices (3330 S. 1300 E.)

*Murray: WFWRD (604 W. 6960 S.) M-F 8:00 to 5:30

*Sandy Hills: Contact your Community Council Representative.

*Taylorsville: Taylorsville City Hall (2600 Taylorsville Blvd.) or Taylorsville Library (4870 S. 2700 W.)

*White City: White City Water Improvement District (999 E. Galena Dr.)

*Willow Canyon: Contact your Community Council Representative.

*Willow Creek: Contact your Community Council Representative.

Setting up your Garbage Collection

  • Moving into a previously owned home: New homeowners will need to SEND A CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP REQUEST to put services into their names and ensure accurate billing since it will not be transferred automatically when you close on the home.
  • Newly built home: Call us at (385) 468-6325 when you have your occupancy permit to set up your services.
  • Private Road: If you live on a private road within the District you may qualify for our services. Please check the minimum requirements for a private road. Please note, 75% of the residents on a private road must agree to meet the criteria before service can begin. 

Customer Tips

  • Place your can at the curb or nearest collection point by 7:00 am.
  • Cans must be brought in within 12 hours of your pick up.
  • Your can must be at least 3 feet from other cans, mailboxes, trees, fences, cars, and any other object.
  • Avoid placing your cans under trees or basketball standards.
  • Please don’t overload your can. Items should not stick out above the top more than a couple of inches.
  • Please don’t put hot ashes in your can!
  • Recycle everything you can to help keep costs low.
  • Call or email us if your can is broken: (385) 468-6325.
  • Learn more about our Integrated Services Package.