Mid-April through September, Wasatch Front Waste & Recycling delivers large containers to neighborhoods for residents to dispose of bulky items or yard waste that will not fit in garbage cans. See when we are in your neighborhood by entering your address into our look-up tool at the top of this webpage. For a general guide, you can check our 2019 calendar here.
NOTE: Your specific date will be mailed to you 4-6 weeks before your scheduled area clean-up day
When Residents are Notified:
Residents will be notified four to six weeks in advance of the scheduled day.
When Containers are Dropped Off:
Containers will be dropped off in your neighborhood sometime between 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM and will be picked up the following day between 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM. The following items are allowed in the container:
- Bulk household waste: furniture, mattresses, etc.
- Appliances: refrigerator and freezer must be tagged by a professional showing freon have been removed.
- Yard waste: • Schedule your one-time Green waste pickup on our Website/Chat or Contact our office to notify us of your pile, 24 hours before your scheduled date. Your pile will not be picked up unless it has been scheduled in this manner.
- Our office is open Mon-Fri 8 to 5:30 pm. Click here to put in a Curb Side Green Pile pick up request or send us a CHAT.
- Do not place your bulky items on the curb or street. All items must go directly to the containers. Please do not overload containers.
- The containers are for residents only. No commercial or construction dumping is allowed
- For large amounts of waste that cannot wait for the Area Cleanup, a bulk or green trailer can be rented.
- Do not put tires, oil, paint, batteries, propane tanks, 50-gallon drums, or any toxic waste or materials in the containers. Salt Lake Valley Landfill lists resources for recycling locations for these items.
- Do not park within 40 feet of the containers – please avoid parking on the street while containers are in place.
Mattress and Metal Recycling during Area Cleanup Collections:
We can pick up all mattresses, metal items and appliances from your driveway. ALL other items must fit entirely in the containers. Do NOT overload containers or put waste on the ground.
DO NOT PARK within 40 feet of containers. Avoid parking on the street while containers are in place.
NO commercial or construction dumping is allowed.
If you notice someone that does not live in your neighborhood dumping materials in an area clean-up container, please call your local authorities.