Mid-April through September, Wasatch Front Waste & Recycling delivers large containers to neighborhoods for residents to dispose of bulky items or yard waste that will not fit in garbage cans. See when we are in your neighborhood by entering your address into our look-up tool at the top of this webpage. For a general guide, you can check our 2018 calendar here.
NOTE: Dates approximate. Your specific date will be mailed to you 4-6 weeks before your scheduled area clean-up day
When Containers are Dropped Off:
Containers will be dropped off in your neighborhood sometime between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM and will be picked up the following day between 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM. The following items are allowed in the container:
- Bulk household waste: furniture, mattresses, etc.
- Appliances: refrigerator and freezer must be tagged by a professional showing freon has been removed.
- Yard waste: Please call our office at (385) 468-6325 24 hours in advance of the container being dropped off to schedule pickup of one-yard waste pile up to 4′ x 4′ x 8′ -(about the size of a refrigerator).
- Our office is open Mon-Fri 8 to 5:30 pm. Click here to put in a Curb Side Green Pile pick up request. Request.
Metal Recycling during Area Cleanup Collections:
We will be collecting scrap metal during our Area Cleanup Program this year. If you have recyclable metals (such as gutters/siding, pipe, wire, faucets, frames, tire rims, radiators, motors, etc.) that you plan to dispose of during Area Cleanup, do not put them the Area Cleanup containers. Instead, leave them on your property and to the side of your driveway, and we will come and collect that separately on your scheduled Area Cleanup day. Doing this will help us keep even more recycling materials out of the landfill!
If you notice someone that does not live in your neighborhood dumping materials in an area clean-up container, please call your local authorities.
- Do not place your bulky items on the curb or street. All items must go directly to the containers. Please do not overload containers.
- The containers are for residents only. No commercial or construction dumping is allowed
- For large amounts of waste that cannot wait for the Area Cleanup, a bulk or green trailer can be rented.
- Do not put tires, oil, paint, batteries, propane tanks, 50-gallon drums, or any toxic waste or materials in the containers. Salt Lake Valley Landfill lists resources for recycling locations for these items.
- Do not park within 40 feet of the containers – please avoid parking on the street while containers are in place.
When Residents are Notified:
Residents will be notified four to six weeks in advance of the scheduled day.