2021 Area Clean up
Scroll down on this page for the release and reservation calendar.
2021 Area Cleanup
Due to continued staffing issues, the Administrative Control Board approved to provide the ACUP service the same way as it was provided in 2020. That means that residents have the opportunity to reserve a container on a first come-first served basis, and the container will be delivered to their home rather than dropped off on the street. This is the most effective way to continue to provide this service while managing the community’s needs for bulky waste collections.
How do I Schedule a Container?
You will receive a postcard in the mail three to four weeks before your scheduled ACUP time. Once those postcards are delivered, you can reserve a container for the date(s) available to you. You will need to complete a release of liability to reserve a container.
When Will the Containers be Delivered?
Containers will be dropped off sometime between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m (we cannot provide an estimated arrival time) on the scheduled day. WFWRD staff will try to ensure that residents can have up to 24 hours for the container.
Driveways must be cleared, accessible, and have enough room (approximately 10’ x 20’) for the container to be placed to be off the street and public sidewalk. If the driveway is inaccessible, the container will not be delivered, and you will lose your opportunity for the container at your residence.
What is Allowed/Not Allowed in the Containers?
• Bulk household waste: furniture, mattresses, etc.
• Appliances: refrigerator and/or freezer must be tagged by a professional showing freon has been removed.
• Yard waste
• Paint, oil, batteries, propane tanks, 50-gallon drums, other toxic or hazardous materials.
• Commercial, contractor, or industrial waste/disposal.
• Do NOT overload containers or put waste on the ground. Following the National Waste and Recycling Association’s (NWRA) recommendations, WFWRD employees will not collect waste left on the ground or curb.
• The containers are for residents only. No commercial or construction dumping is allowed.
• For large amounts of waste that cannot wait for the ACUP, a bulk or green trailer can be rented- Trailer rental
• We have landfill vouchers available for those who miss their Area Cleanup day.
You may reserve a container ONLY for specific dates based on your area. These dates will show on the front of the postcard that has been mailed to you. If you DO NOT have these dates, please send us a CHAT or contact us at 385-468-6325 to provide you with your assigned dates.
*** Please be aware that if you book outside the postcard dates, your reservation will be denied***
All other residents will receive a postcard in the mail indicating what dates are available for cleanup in your area.
*** FRIDAY BOOKINGS ARE PICKED UP FIRST THING MONDAY MORNING***
Are there more options than just once a year?
We ask that homeowners with large amounts of bulk or green waste use our Trailer Rental Program.
We also offer the landfill voucher program for residents to haul your own load to the Landfill—district-sponsored voucher-request.
If your dates are not available, please fill out the cancellation list form
*Please be aware that you are not guaranteed a reservation date
ZONE 2 9/10 TO 9/20 AND ZONE 3 9/21 TO 9/29 WILL BE POSTED SOON
Kearns Zone 1 7/14 to 7/19
Kearns Zone 2 7/20 to 7/27
Kearns Zone 3 7/28 to 8/3
Taylorsville Zone 1 8/4 to 8/11
Taylorsville Zone 2 8/12 to 8/19
Taylorsville Zone 3 8/20 to 8/30
Millcreek Zone 1 8/31 to 9/9
Millcreek Zone 2 9/10 to 9/20