The Wasatch Front Waste fees for 2017 are proposed to remain at $14.75 per month/per home ($177 per year) for one garbage can and your recycling service, plus all the other services you get in your service package. Additional garbage cans are proposed to stay at $180 each per year (unchanged for 2017).
Customers can help keep fees low by recycling as much as possible. Over 60 percent of the materials at the landfill can be recycled.
Wasatch Front Waste & Recycling District is a non-profit government agency. The fees charged to customers are just to sustain services. There is no profit made by the District.
The governing board of the District is made up of elected representatives from the areas we serve: unincorporated Salt Lake County, Cottonwood Heights, Herriman, Holladay, Taylorsville, and a portion of Murray and Sandy Cities.
We boast world class customer service with a 95.3 percent overall satisfaction score among our customers.
Your service package includes:
- Weekly garbage and recycling collection
- Annual area clean-up
- Annual fall leaf collection
- Annual Christmas tree collection
- Moving box collection
- We offer assistance to residents with limited mobility.
- Cart repair at no additional charge: (385) 468-6325
- For cart repair or replacement, see the 2017 fee schedule. Feel free to contact us at (385) 468-6325
- Second garbage can available for an additional $15.00 per month
- Second recycle can at no additional cost: (385) 468-6325
- We also offer trailers for rent throughout the year to help you dispose of large amounts of Green waste. Please do not place bulk waste in the green waste trailers.