Each residence receives one blue recycle can and a garbage can. There is no additional charge for your recycling collection. It is included in your monthly service fee. A second recycle can is available at no additional charge. To request a second recycle can please call 385.468.6325. Your recycle container is collected every week on your regular refuse collection day.
- We collect your household recycling in the blue cans. What goes in your blue can and what to keep out of your blue can. (470 KB PDF)
- Video of January 2011 Waste Audit
- What do your monthly sanitation fees pay for? (445 KB PDF)
Glass drop off sites
While glass is not collected curbside, there are multiple glass drop off sites through out the county. Use the form at the top of this page to find a glass recycling site near you.
- Taylorsville Park (1628 West 4800 South)
- Upper District Park (3800 South Wasatch Blvd)
- Holladay City (4580 South 2300 East)
- Herriman Fire Station (5928 W 13100 S)
- Salt Lake Community College (4386 S Redwood Rd)
Ewaste and Hazardous Waste
- These are items that are not picked up curbside but they are recyclable
- While green waste is not collected curbside, Wasatch Front Waste does provide green waste trailers for yard waste that is not compostable such as tree limbs and branches.
- Green Waste is also diverted through our area clean-up program
- Green Waste collection (470 KB PDF)
- Home composting is a great way to recycle. Using fruit and vegetable remains along with yard waste can creates soil amendment that will help your yard and garden flourish.
- Composted manure for fertilizer is available for pickup at the Salt Lake County Equestrian Park located at 11400 South 2200 West South Jordan, Utah.
- There is no charge if you load the fertilizer yourself. There is a $5 charge if your truck is loaded using County equipment, or $15 per load for anything over a 1 ton truck.
- Composted manure is available for delivery to certain areas for an additional charge. Please call for prices and to schedule delivery, 801.254.0106
- How to start composting at home (142 KB PDF)
- How to “grasscycle” (32 KB PDF)
- How to “leafcycle” (29 KB PDF)
- Place your can at the curb or nearest collection point by 7:00 am. Cans must be brought in within 24 hours.
- Use the 4 ft rule: place your cans at least 4 feet from other cans, trees, fences, cars, and any other object.
- Please don’t overload your can. Items should not stick out above the top more than a couple of inches.
- Loosely bag your recyclables (use an old plastic garbage bag) to help prevent the wind from blowing them out of the truck. Bundle your plastic bags into a "bag ball" and tie it shut.
- Remove lids from plastic bottles before putting both in the recycle can.
- Call us at 385.468.6325 to replace a broken can
- Learn more about our Integrated Services Package (181 KB PDF)
- More Recycling Resources