Green Waste Collection
In order to get your green can:
- Print out, fill in and return this pdf: Green Waste Cart Sign-up. We can take the signed document by email (email@example.com), fax (385-468-6330), or by person or mail (604 W 6960 S, Midvale 84047) with your name, address, phone and email legibly printed.
We will begin service in mid-March, and end on the second Friday of December
(For 2016, March 14th until December 9th. For 2017, March 20th through December 8th.)
If you have any questions or concerns, please call our Sustainability Coordinator Jeffrey Sean Summerhays at (385) 468-6337. We will send you more information and keep in touch throughout the year with important dates and reminders.
The fees include a one-time, $60 start up fee and an annual fee of $114 for the nine months of collection. Those interested in second green cans still need to pay the $60 start-up fee, but all additional green cans are $36. This program is self-sustained through subscription fees and not subsidized with any other fees or tax dollars. There is no obligation to participate, since this is an optional service for those who want it and are willing to pay for the services. Interested participants may also sign up in 2016 with the same start up fee of $60 and an appropriate fee pending the month you sign up.
Please allow for your request to be processed and for our front office staff to contact you for payment options. If you wish to use a check, make sure to indicate that it is for the green waste curbside can.
WHAT GOES IN THE GREEN CAN?
- Woody materials; twigs, logs, pallets, particle board, branches (keep them shorter than 4 feet)
- Leafy materials; grass, leaves, weeds, garden and landscape (plant) materials free of dirt
- Organic household items; egg shells, coffee grounds, tea bags
WHAT CANNOT GO IN THE GREEN CAN?
- Oils of any kind; vegetables oils, seed oils like canola, sunflower, flax, or castor bean.
- Meats of any kind; skins, tendons, (meat) table leftovers, BBQ leftovers, and spoiled meats.
- Fats, grease, paper; any paper products, lubricating grease, cooking grease, grease based cleaners, and fats.
- Decomposable cutlery and wares; plates, cutlery, diapers, anything corn-based, vegetable oil based, TaterWare, WheatWare, or wheat-straw based Bio-degradable bags
- Inorganics; rocks, dirt, vermiculite, sod
- Curbside green waste collection will begin in mid-March and end in mid-December (a firm start and end date will be announced for the upcoming year).
- Collection is the same day as your regular refuse and recycling day. (exception: Green Waste collection for the City of Herriman is on Mondays.)
- Customers will receive a special green waste can with vents to release moisture.
- The $60 start up fee allows Wasatch Front Waste to purchase and deliver the cans.
- Contact Jeffrey Sean Summerhays if you have any other questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (385) 468-6337