Each District residence has the opportunity to obtain a green waste can. The green waste collection program is a subscription program. Collections are provided weekly between mid-March and mid-December.
- A green waste can is less expensive than an additional garbage can.
- Green waste is less expensive to process, keeping costs low.
- Reduce the amount of waste sent to the landfill as garbage.
- Green waste is processed into usable organic compost.
- Reduce greenhouse emissions caused by decomposing organic landfill waste.
- For more information about what we can take in the Green Waste can, please read our master guideline.
- Extensive Green guideline.
- Submit an online request for a Green Waste can
- Print out, fill in and return this pdf: Green Waste Cart Sign-up. We can take the signed document by email (email@example.com), fax (385-468-6330), or by person or mail (604 W 6960 S, Midvale 84047) with your name, address, phone and email legibly printed.
We will begin service in mid-March, and end on the second Friday of December. (For 2017: March 20th through December 8th.)
If you have any questions or concerns, please call our Sustainability Coordinator Jeffrey Sean Summerhays at (385) 468-6337. We will send you more information and keep in touch throughout the year with important dates and reminders.