Area Clean-up Dates:
Mid-April through September, Wasatch Front Waste & Recycling delivers large containers to neighborhoods for residents to dispose of bulky items or yard waste that will not fit in garbage cans. See when we are in your neighborhood by entering your address into our look-up tool at the top of this webpage. For a general guide, you can check our 2017 calendar here.
NOTE: Dates are approximates. Your specific date will be mailed to you 4-6 weeks before your scheduled area clean-up day.
When Residents are Notified:
You will be notified 4-6 weeks in advance about your scheduled area clean-up day, if you live in Wasatch Front Waste & Recycling District, via mail.
When Containers are Dropped Off:
Containers will be dropped off in your neighborhood sometime between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM and will be picked up the following day between 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
The following items are allowed in the container:
- Bulk household waste: furniture, mattresses, etc.
- Appliances: refrigerators and freezers must be tagged by a professional showing Freon has been removed.
- Yard waste: please call our office at (385) 468-6325 in advance to schedule pickup of yard waste piles up to 4x4x8 (about the size of a refrigerator).
If you notice someone that does not live in your neighborhood dumping materials in an area clean-up container, please call your local authorities.
- Do not place your bulky items on the curb or street. All items must go directly to the containers. Please do not overload containers.
- Rent a Green Waste trailer for yard waste. All yard waste is turned into mulch at the Salt Lake Valley Landfill.
- The containers are for residents only. No commercial or construction dumping is allowed
- If you have large amounts of waste that cannot wait for the area clean-up you can rent a trailer for Green Waste or bulk by calling the District at 385-468-6325.
- Do not put tires, oil, paint, batteries, propane tanks, 50 gallon drums, or any toxic waste or materials in the containers. Salt Lake Valley Landfill lists resources for recycling locations for these items.
- Do not park within 40 feet of the containers - please avoid parking on the street while containers are in place.